Friday, November 13, 2009

A Parallel Universe

Turn off C-SPAN...ALL versions. Don't watch network news....ALL flavors. Turn off TV for one week and Tivo all your favorite programs. With the exception of real-time sports, there is nothing to suggest that you will miss anything watching your favorite programs one week in arrears.

Cancel your newspaper subscriptions. As for me, I only get the newspaper on the weekends to catch up on all the sports news I missed. I think I can do without that, however, because I get just as much (or more) by going online. Plus, I can go straight to my favorites when online and don't have to worry about seeing some obnoxious headline before I find the sports section.

Negative news is everywhere you look, unless you stick to the above suggestions. Last night, I was glued to my computer, trying to find up-to-date news on the House vote on healthcare. I ended up watching C-SPAN online. What a huge mistake.

I doesn't matter to Pelosi what the million of Tea Party participants stand for. It doesn't matter to Democrats that thousands of people took time out of their schedules on a Thursday to travel to Washington to protest the House healthcare bill. Nope, those guys on the Democrat's side of the aisle don't give a rip what you think.

A very large swath of people in this country consider themselves to be conservative. Conservative beliefs are predominant among voters. But it doesn't matter. A bunch of left-wing idealogues have reached critical mass in Washington and are determined to force-feed their ideology to the rest of us. Let the voters be damned. Let the U.S. Constitution be damned. Let our future generations be damned.

We live in a parallel universe compared to the leadership in Congress. We might as well get used to it. For the next twelve months, we need to focus on one thing and one thing only: getting out the vote in 2010! It's time to throw ALL these bums out once and for all! Forget about what the "pundits" say about the futility of those efforts. They are wrong. Don't listen to anyone that says that the mess in Washington can't be undone. They are wrong.

If ever our parallel universe needed to replace theirs, now is the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment