Saturday, November 21, 2009

At The End of the Day...

I watched my son's football team get defeated in the playoffs by the #1 team in Texas. Although his play was limited, his contribution was spot-on. He long-snapped on a fake punt and put it perfectly in the kicker's hands. They ran for a first down. On the only other punt, he long-snapped and made it down field to assist on the tackle. All in all, he did his job. I'm very proud of him.

I sulked on the way home from my son's game because they lost.

I watched the Senate vote to begin debate on the healthcare bill. I sulked for about 10 minutes after the vote, but then started blogging.

I'm now watching Texas play Kansas. Texas leads at halftime, 27-6. I'm done sulking.

There's always something else you can hang your hat on. At the end of the day, I will go to bed proud of my son, disappointed in the Senate vote, but lifted by the Longhorns' strong play against Kansas.

I can't help but think...what if I lived in Kansas? Would I still be sulking?

No comments:

Post a Comment