Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Death Panels Begin!

In case you had any doubts about the existence of "death panels", doubt no more. They are already here.

Opponents of Obamacare have argued that government-run healthcare will ultimately lead to rationing. Moreover, this rationing will impact the elderly and the infirmed, since these two groups command the biggest slice of the healthcare pie.

Look no further than the H1N1 vaccine fiasco. The Obama administration has done it's best to whip up a panic in the media over the swine flu outbreak, urging anyone and everyone to obtain the vaccine. The only problem is that there is not enough vaccine to go around. Be that as it may, what is a bureaucrat to do? Simple - ration the vaccine. The question is, who will be denied?

From seMissourian.com comes a column written by a senior citizen, which says, in part (emphasis mine):
The doctor overseeing my health care advised me to get an H1N1 flu shot. I've been under a six-year treatment program for a chronic infection, plus I have heart and lung problems. Therefore, I am considered a high risk. Fortunately, my doctor had three shots available, but I would have to get approval from my county health department. Much to my surprise, the woman at the health department apologized and told me that even though I was a senior citizen at high risk, the health department had been instructed to approve shots only for children and pregnant mothers. I asked when a shot for my situation might be available. "We really don't know. Check back with us sometime in December."
You can read the whole thing here.

Hat Tip: Rush Limbaugh

No comments:

Post a Comment