Saturday, October 31, 2009

NY-23

I really don't think that there's any amount of money that can lift the Democrats up enough to win this election. I've heard that Soros is investing money in Owens' campaign, but I highly doubt it. This district has always trended Republican, why would the Democrats throw good money away?

What I expect to happen is a landslide for Hoffman. In the aftermath, the Democrats will be dismissive, suggesting that this race is a mere pimple on the ass of, well, the Jackass.

The fun of this election is watching how the national Republican leadership spins it. I suspect that they will follow the Democratic tack, and suggest that this particular race is inconsequential.

Yeah, right! Over the next few weeks we are going to see a purge. This election decides who runs the national Republican party. Do the big-wigs run it, or do the grass-roots?

The RNC is now at a cross-roads. Do they continue to defer to local politics, or do they take a stand for the base? Do they make a stand for conservatism, which the national polls suggest comprises 40% of the electorate, or do they continue to pursue the "big-tent" theory?

I'm reminded of Dirty Harry:

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

Well, Republicans, you must be asking yourselves, is this a mere blip on the screen, or should we be worried? After all, Sarah Palin seemed to make this race a major issue. Is she bluffing, or is she really going to endorse "conservatives", no matter their party? Well, do you feel lucky, punk?

No comments:

Post a Comment