Saturday, June 11, 2011

It's Saturday Night!

No, I'm not auditioning for SNL. Today has been epic for me, for reasons that wouldn't interest SNL.

I just had two teenagers graduate from high school. My son and my step-daughter.

I'm sitting here now trying to wrap my brain around the fact that my kids are growing up. Sitting through graduation ceremonies today was surreal. There were 712 kids in their graduating class! I had only 102, but I still remember it.

There will be many more "defining moments" in their futures. They both plan to attend college and my wife and I are scrambling to make sure that finances are available.

I just feel proud today.

I love both my son and step-daughter and want only the very best for them. They've reached an important milestone in their lives and the look on their faces and their friends' faces during the graduation ceremonies were priceless. They were proud too.

Do you remember when you graduated from high school?

No comments:

Post a Comment