Friday, May 14, 2010

The Saturation of Sarah

I've been thinking about this for the last couple of weeks, but have only now come to realize what has really been bothering me. My concerns peaked with the latest PPP poll, which showed Sarah trailing Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee and Newt Gingrich in the 2012 Republican Presidential nomination race. Why is Sarah trailing, abeit by small margins?

To answer that, consider first that the poll also shows Sarah with a 69% favorable rating amongst Republicans, a solid advantage over the aforementioned three. So what is it that concerns me as well as other Republican voters? That's a good question which I'll attempt to answer from my perspective.

We have five and a half months before the 2010 elections, a lifetime in politics for a Presidential election, but this isn't a Presidential election year. This is a mid-term election for Congressional and Senate seats. The focus should be on those key Congressional and Senate elections. So why does Sarah continue to gain so much exposure? My abbreviated answer is alternative media.

Those of us who rely on the alternative media are constantly being inundated with all things Sarah. We are constantly being advised of her latest speech, her latest schedule and her latest book release. That's okay and I must admit, I pre-ordered her latest book on Amazon yesterday. But what about 2010? Sarah isn't running for anything. Why should I concern myself with the 2012 election when there is so much to be accomplished in 2010? My answer is that I shouldn't be and I no longer am.

I don't give a rip about polls that show Sarah trailing. I only care about this year's elections. Forget about all the spin that you hear about Sarah's Presidential ambitions. It doesn't matter right now. What matters is this year, this election.

I applaud Sarah for speaking on behalf of conservatives and endorsing candidates. That is what leaders do. They help us separate the good from the bad, depending on their perspectives. I can handle that.

Don't fall prey to the constant barrage of information about Sarah. Right now, she is doing what she must...speaking out against the Obama administration and supporting like-minded conservatives. Once the 2010 elections are over, we can turn our attention to the 2012 race, but not a minute before.

By the way, do you see the other three in the media at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment