Monday, July 13, 2009

The Plague of Doubt

Despite the onset of writer's block and being overwhelmed by the magnitude of news that burdens my soul, I must admit that I am having a hard time envisioning the future. We seem to be in a whirlwind of circumstance that we can only brace ourselves against, and not affect.

I am angry to see the institutions of our country eroded by the manipulation of politicians. I am angry to see the culture of our country degraded and maligned through the popular media. I am angry that I have been forced to become an activist, even while I must continue to work for a living and find time to voice my concerns. I am angry that our children are ambivalent toward our efforts to maintain, for them, the lifestyle that we grew up with and that they have no appreciation for. Lord knows that too many adults take our freedom for granted as well! I am so angry that we judge a potential Supreme Court Justice by their ability to show empathy. What does that have to do with the rule of law?

When it seems that I am a mere casualty of events beyond my control, something always pulls me back. Today it was an inspirational email in the form of a PowerPoint presentation. I would love to post it, but that task is a little beyond my capabilities as a new blogger. What I can tell you is that there is a way to respond when plagued by doubt: Pray!

Prayer offers a repose that cannot be replaced by reason. It is a direct connection to God! Do you believe that God will abandon our cause? I do not think so, but you must take it upon yourself to tell Him so. He waits for us to respond so that He can offer guidance. You won't find that guidance in the mainstream media!

No comments:

Post a Comment