Friday, June 19, 2009

Weekend Wish List

First and foremost, I hope the protesters in Iran don't suffer the same fate as those at Tiananmen Square 20 years ago. I had a colleague that visited Tiananmen Square about 3 months before the protests started. She brought me back a kimono which, although Japanese, reminds me of the massacre every time I wear it.

There has to be a way to boycott ABC for being a shill to Obama's healthcare plan. Whatever happened to the once-vaunted profession of journalism? It only seems to live in the blogosphere these days.

The July 4th Tea Parties are just around the corner. I'll be attending the Dallas Tea Party at Southfork Ranch. I hope y'all plan on attending one close to where you live! The Dallas Tea Party will be doing fireworks when it gets dark, so I won't have to go anywhere else to participate in that tradition.

I fear for the future of healthcare if Obama gets his way. Pressure needs to be put on EVERY member of Congress to delay action on ANYTHING related to healthcare. I don't mind seeing a mandate to update record-keeping to some electronic format, but leave the rest alone. In fact, unshackle competition and let the market find ways to improve healthcare! I have NO doubt it can! Read this open letter from The Heritage Foundation to learn more.

I was just told that the reason my "Airbag" light is on in my truck is because there is some kind of short in that system. That "system" is a computer-type device (mandated by government) that will cost me $500 to replace. This is bulls*** to the highest order! The government demands these safety features, which inflate the cost of the vehicle. They're intended to protect the dimwitted ones that refuse to wear seat belts. I've worn a seat belt since I began driving and thought the advent of the shoulder harness was a revolutionary and excellent idea. Why do I need a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS)? Needless to say, it ain't gettin' fixed! And if the vehicle fails inspection (due in 2 months), I'm gonna be really pissed!

No comments:

Post a Comment